There was definitely a bee in it, so after cleaning the bomb site of a sewing room.....
I got to work and started making a bag. The pattern is from the latest Homespun magazine and is called 'Gemma's Crafty Bag' by Leanne Barnes of thestitchingroom.blogspot.com
I really liked the shape of the bag so thought I'd give it a go. I wanted it to be quite structured, more so than what it would be if I just used batting and quilted it like in the instructions so I ventured to Spotty and bought buckram as suggested by the lady behind the counter. At times I ended up sewing through six layers of fabric and two layers of buckram. My machine coped quite well even if I didn't. There's quite a few rough spots and I was starting to dislike my bag and was sad that I'd spent so many hours on it but then I folded it the right way after the rather tricky attachment of bias binding to hide the joins and.....I love it!
It's long and chunky looking. It has zips that work (yay!) and although I was going to use it as a kitting bag in the hope it would encourage me to do some more knitting, I think it's going to get used daily as an addition to my handbag. It'll be my everything bag!
This crazed sewing lead to more....
I'll be back