Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Lap Full of Love

Another big week of work and then I visited my dad and step mum. They live 3.5 hours away so I don't get a chance to see them that often. My dad had major surgery 5 weeks ago which scared me a little bit so I am determined to make the time to see them more often. It was a relaxing couple of days. I find that I regress in age a bit when I visit them, I get my breaky, lunch and dinner made and basically get fussed over. It's hard not to kick back and enjoy but then that's what parents are for :)

This weekend my friend Faith who I've known since Primary School visited, along with another friend. I made Faith a quilt and matching cushion back on 2005. I got her to bring it this weekend so I could take some pics. It is Amy Butler fabrics with mostly white sashing. I tied it rather than quilting it and it seems to be holding together well. She said she uses it most nights in front of the tv. I love knowing that my work is with someone who understands the effort and expense. I know that she really appreciated me making it for her.
I called it a Lap full of Love - it's a lap sized quilt and it was made and given with love. Faith and I have been through the highs and lows of life and friendship since Grade 3 (age 9) when we had to sit together for remedial time telling. We both eventually understood the intricacies of the big hand and the little hand and haven't had to rely on digital watches :)

Hope you all have a lap full of love.
Abbe :)
Righto, off to sew some binding......

1 comment: